Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My Piano Practice Beginning

No, this is not the beginning of my piano lessons, not that I am taking, or have taken, formal training in piano playing. Instead, what I am doing now is to practice, and to stress it out, correct practice on how to play the different styles and techniques of ‘dressing up naked music’ on the piano.

Anything that you learn and do not put into practice will eventually vanish into thin air, and worse, you’ll regret it in the end. As for me, the end haven’t come, so before I go into regretting, I’m redeeming the time left to do my piano-playing practice.

I’m journaling my practice days, so I can track my progress, and I really do hope that I will make a progress this time.

I’ve searched the web for some free materials, free lessons, and I settled for 2, not that only 2 qualify. I find these 2 to suit my need and style, but the rest should also be ok for others. I’ve taken up the free lessons from Edward Weiss, with very simple execution and free flow. But the one I really like, and have actually purchased a couple of lessons from, is Duane Shinn. If you are interested, just search them up in the net, and you should find their free lessons in the web.

Everybody is into music, whether as an audience, a performer, a writer or composer, or as a critic. So I’d love to hear from you. Feel free to drop me a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment